The website based on images always is a tough task. You must be careful for the way you represent the portfolio to your visitors.
You don’t worry much you are making a normal website. Normally they have a fixed format or structure, such as header, navigation, sidebar, text area etc. etc. But if you are handling a photography website, let it be a wedding photography website, you have to tackle many problems if you did not consider the basics of its design.
Photo portfolios typically have two or three main sections:
About section (if needed)
Now these are some questions that you need to know the answers by yourself!
- What should the size of photo?
- Is it compressed?
- Which is better! Flash or HTML5?
- What if using automatic slideshow?
- The number of photos include?
After getting answers for all above mentioned questions, a designer keep these points into consideration:
- Considering Target Demographic
- Sketching Out a Layout
- Support for Dynamic Content
- Keep the Contrast High
- Using High Resolution Images
- Large View Area
- Order the Photos Strategically
- Details for Each Photo
- Scrolling limit
It is hoped that using these tips you can manage, create an awesome website design!