Simplenews Module – Simplenews publishes and sends newsletters to lists of subscribers. Both anonymous and authenticated users can opt-in to different mailing lists. HTML email can be sent by adding Mime Mail module.
- Step to Newsletter Configuration
- Download Simplenews module from http://drupal.org/project/simplenews
- Activate Simplenews module
- After activation of simplenews a content type will be created with name “simplenews” and vocablury will be created with name “Newsletter”, now you can create content as simplenews and different taxonomy can be create under “Newsletter” to categorise your newsletter
- Configure newsletter from admin/config/services/simplenews
- There will be list of taxonomy which you created to categorize your newsletter, can be edit there settings.
- Set default newsletter options from admin/config/services/simplenews/settings
- Set no of mail to sent on running of cron admin/config/services/simplenews/settings/mail
- Manage subscriber list admin/people/simplenews (There will be list of all subscriber)
- Mass subscribe option admin/people/simplenews/import (put a list of email address and select taxonomy then all the newsletter of that category will be subscribe to that email list)
- Mass unsubscribe from admin/people/simplenews/unsubscribe (put a list of email address to unsubscribe)
- Set cron running time according to your requirement from admin/config/system/cron (mail will be send on cron running)
To send mail in HTML Format use Mime Mail – It permits users to receive HTML email . The mail functionality accepts HTML message body
- Download Mime Mail from http://drupal.org/project/mimemail
- Activate Mime Mail module
- Configure Mime Mail from admin/config/system/mimemail
Send Newsletter throught SendGrid
This module changes Drupal email sending behaviour, sending them through SendGrid’s cloud-based email delivery services by using their Web API instead of SMTP Server.
Follow these step.
- 1. Download SendGrid Integration module from http://drupal.org/project/sendgrid_integration
- 2. Activate module SendGrid Integration
- 3. Create account at http://sendgrid.com/ and configure your SendGrid Username and API-Key
- Authentication Support module from http://drupal.org/project/smtp (The module supports SMTP authentication and can even connect to servers using SSL if supported by PHP)
- 4. Download SMTP Authentication Support module from http://drupal.org/project/smtp
- 5. Configure mailing process from admin/config/system/smtp (put your sendgrid detail)
- 6. Configure mailong system from admin/config/system/mailsystem
- 7. SmtpMailsystem from drop down list Site-wide default MailSystemInterface class